2021 development machine
In 2021, I built a development machine for myself, noticing the shortcomings of the laptops that I had had the chance to work with in the past. I deliberately chose a desktop system, as they are almost always a better "bang for the buck" than laptops, and offer a lot more options when it comes to performance and features.
I kept all my previous laptops that were still in working order as dumb clients for the machine, for when I needed to be on the go.
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (integrated cooling)
- RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury Black, DDR4, 32GB, 3GHz, CL16
- Mainboard: Asus PRIME B550-PLUS
- Storage: Western Digital Green SSD, 480GB, M.2, 3D NAND
- Graphics card: Asus Radeon 550 Phoenix, 2GB DDR5, 64-bit
- Power supply: nJoy Alpha 650W modular, 80+ Gold, active PFC
- Case: Deepcool Tesseract SW
- Bluetooth adapter: Asus USB-BT500
Due to the nature of my work, the OS was a Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, which was immediately upgraded to a Microsoft Windows 11 Professional 64-bit installation when it became available.
- Microsoft Office 365 Family
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Developer Edition
- Microsoft PowerShell
- JetBrains All Products Pack
- Balsamiq Wireframes
- Docker Desktop
- Drawboard PDF
- Telerik Fiddler
- Apple iTunes